Monday 5 May 2008

Week 18 - Get yer motor running.

And we are done, the 3 mile (round Bridge of Allan) and 2 mile (track) warm downs were taken care of without incident and I am ready to go. Hal, you promised me that if I did your programme then I would be able to finish this with something to spare, so time to show me the money.

Speaking of which - fundraising target of £500 has been met right on queue, so that is a nice fillip and the gear is all washed and ready. Myeloma UK have been excellent and I look forward to meeting the other runners. I also have sufficient self-interest to join them for their pre-race photo-call on Sunday morning.

I've elected to use the Asics shoes, as the New Balances have now done over 500 miles and will probably not give me the support I need.

The programme totalled 486 miles, but I was over 520 for the 18 week period by race day, so no one can say I haven't put in the miles and I have done all but one of the long runs, and certainly all the looooonnnnggg runs. The family have done well to tolerate all this nonsense, including the rather dull chat about it all, and I hope their day out is up to scratch too.

Expect a full report on the event itself. Bet you can't wait.

No comments: