Monday 5 May 2008

Week 16 - Groundhog Day

We are beginning to ease off now, though it doesn't feel like it. Monday was a wee session of strides at King's Park, just to annoy the golfers and a job back along Kersebonny.

Wednesday saw me jog over the Pendriech dam, to get some hill work in and finish in good order. This was also the day of the Dumyat Hill Race, an annual event for me. Not this year, I'm finely tuned for flat racing and a hill race this close to marathon day would be asking for trouble - would Shergar have been asked to jump fences? Exactly. I did miss not doing it, though, especially as I had promised to assist my friend in getting a good time and with all this training I might have beaten my own best. Next time....

Thursday saw an easy enough diagonals session at the club (while, somewhat bizarrely, running through every Bill Murray, Chevy Chase and Steve Martin film we could name).

With the long, long runs now complete, the 12 miles over North Third with Lesley on Sunday seemed straight forward enough. It is certainly a bonus of the long mileage to be able to do 10, 12 or 14 miles with some ease. I'll need to find a way of maintaining that.

No comments: