Monday 28 April 2008

Week 14 - Music was my first love.

In general, my weekly mileage is now upwards of 35 miles and this week topped 40. The knees are holding up and with only one more really long run to go, it looks like the whole adventure might have a successful outcome.

This week saw an easy Monday run, which has become something of a routine, despite the programme insisting on it being a rest day. I tend to use Tuesday as a rest day instead. Anyway, a wee run around Swanswater was followed by a late evening run through town (always fun to dodge the outpourings from the pubs) and Riverside to my folks place to collect the bike left there earlier. The rush to get to Forthbank for the last game for the mighty Binos caused a bit of chaos there. Skipped the session on Thursday in order to complete 8 miles and retrieve the week's running, meetings etc threatening the proceedings earlier in the week. I experimented with music on this run, just to see what the effect was. I've never run with tunes, always assumed it would mess with the rhythm of the run. And it does, your feet are compelled to keep time to the music (at least mine are - maybe I got the music in me?). It did make the run rather fun, and I did like coming through the woods to the strains of The Devil Came Down to Georgia, but I fear it may not be the way serious competitors do their thing.

The weekend run was a nice 14 miles around the town and Bridge of Allan with Lesley (for I am the running gigolo). Even though the mileage was well within what I am now capable of, it was still preety sore by the end. Look forward to the taper weeks ahead. 4 weeks to race day!

No comments: