Monday 28 April 2008

Week 13 - On and on and on.

This week was a build up to the mammoth effort required to master the 19+ mileage expected at this stage in proceedings and it was done in Aberdeen on holiday at the in-laws.

A bad start as I left the running shoes at home, turned out to be something of a result as I picked up a pair of Asics trainers for a tenner in a clearance store, should have those nicely run in by race day. Anyway, 5 miles along the beach and 7 miles around my old city haunts (interrupted by helping an old lady who'd fallen, I'm such a good citizen) and things are looking good.

The club session was shuttles, which I quite like and I ensured mileage was up to the mark by running home from the session.

So to the weekend and a bus trip to Callendar and the long run home via the back road to Deanston and Gargunnock the farm roads to the Raploch. 20 miles up! I did enjoy it overall, though the slog along the farm roads into the wind wasn't much fun. I managed to work out a way of carrying food (in the form of fruit energy bars) in a waist belt. Normally don't like anything being in the way, but this was OK and I planned to buy water en route. Garage at Doune was shut and ended up scoofing water from the tap in a nearby caravan park. It was like Ray Mears, surviving in the wilds of the Trossachs. Great to see so many cyclists out at that time too, there is a whole Sunday morning underworld of runners and cyclists.

No comments: